Marilene's Facebook Page

© 2010 by Katherine Gallagher and Marliene Isaacs. All Rights Reserved.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Table

Here we go again!  A few days ago, I decided that my next post was going to be about the marble table that Marilene and I drove to Greenwood to see.  We went to see it on May 10th.  The table was purported to have been owned by Rudy and was part of the furnishings at Falcon Lair.  The people who own it were very generous and gracious.  They opened their home to us so that we could see it.

Now, I got up this morning and found that Marilene had posted on the blog, and what does she mention  in her post?   THE TABLE  So obviously now would be a good time to tell you the story associated with it.

That morning as I was getting dressed, questions kept swirling in my mind.  What will happen?  What will I feel?  Will I see nothing but a lovely old table, or will I see something that I recognize?  Will it vibrate with Rudy's energy?  Will it transport me back to those twelve days at Falcon Lair?  I didn't know.  I had absolutely no idea what would happen.

The one thing I did know was.....I had to carefully guard against seeing something that wasn't really there.  In other words, I didn't want to sucker myself into believing something that wasn't true. (I fell into that trap once, but more on that as the story unfolds).  Since this whole journey began that has been and continues to be my greatest fear, and it is what has provided the impetus to the hours of investigation and research I've done.

The table is beautiful.  When I looked at it, I recognized it.  It took me a couple of minutes to place it in the house, Falcon Lair, but I quickly remembered where it had been.  I told them that it had been in the living room close to the fireplace.  The base of the table is wrought iron and the top is marble.  It sat near two wrought iron benches that were placed on either side of the fireplace.  They created a nice arrangement.

After I got back home, I was able to find a couple of photos of the interior of Falcon Lair which showed the table and the benches.  I emailed them to the couple who own the table.  They were astonished.

Something else really interesting happened.  Long ago, I told Marilene that when I watched the movie, THE SON OF THE SHEIK, I knew what the fabric of the robes Rudy wore in a couple of scenes felt like, and that the stripes in them were green.  The memory of those robes is very vivid.  I have other less vivid recollections of being on the set.  One thing I do remember is how much I liked Vilma Banky.  She was so sweet to me, and I have strong feelings of affection for her.

Back to the table.....Hanging over the it was an original theater poster for the film.  There stood Rudy in the robes I had described to Marilene, and the stripes were green.  I pointed out the poster to Marilene and asked, "Do you remember what I said?"  She rolled her eyes and started laughing.

I will quote Marilene from that moment..."No one could make this stuff up!  There is just too much of it, and it happens again and again!"

There comes a point when it is no longer possible to chalk things up to coincidence.  Jung called it "synchronicity".  I passed that point a long, long time ago.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful post. Gorgeous table. Thanks Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you explain the Rudy connection to the people who owned the table? Send them a link to this blog? Wow .... story gets better and better, stranger and stranger. Synchronicity, what a great word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, they know about it. We discussed it when I was there.

    ReplyDelete