Marilene's Facebook Page

© 2010 by Katherine Gallagher and Marliene Isaacs. All Rights Reserved.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Rudy

On the 6th of May 1895 in Castellaneta, Italy,  Rodolfo, Pietro, Filiberto, Raphaele Guglielmi reentered this world as a mortal.  His stay was tragically short, yet in that brief span of time he was able to reach so many people around the world.  At that time his medium was film. 

He continues to be driven to reach out to people which is why I was led to Marilene and why you are reading this blog.  Even during his short stay on this earth, Rudy was powerfully psychic and spiritual.  He was shy, very compassionate, and extremely intelligent.  He appeared very serious in his demeanor, but he had a wicked sense of humor.  He is adamant in his desire to get people to see and understand “the truth”.   There will be much more about this later on, now, it’s time to get back to the story.

My third in-person session with Marilene didn’t occur until July 29, 2008.  She was in New Jersey working with a family.  We had two telephone sessions during that time, unfortunately they couldn’t be taped.  Throughout the whole process up till then, I was still dealing with the ungodly feelings of grief.  As Marilene helped me to dig deeper, it became more and more evident where it was coming from.  During the time span she’d mentioned, June 11 – 23, 1926, I was with Rudy and was hopelessly in love with him.

Finally, Marilene returned and we were able to meet face to face.

Begin tape.........
Marilene, I feel like I’m on a rollercoaster!

“I can imagine.  That’s what happens when you activate all these things.  It’s like setting off fireworks.  You don’t have a clue where they were or where they’re going to pop.”

“Did you get the feeling that........Pola Negri on the funeral train.  (Okay, I’m going to take a minute here and tell you that I will have very little to say about Pola Negri, mainly because, I cannot retain any form of rationality when it comes to her.  Marilene can explain.)

“That’s what he’s trying to tell me.  His life seemed to be star crossed love.  He found all these wrong women.  This is what he’s saying about you.  He found you, but you were so young.  He’s saying it’s too bad you weren’t the same age.”

(She pauses)......  “ ‘Because you, unfortunately, my dear,’  he says.”  ( Marilene gets a pained expression on her face and sighs.)  “Oh, that’s really heavy.  Woo.  Okay that’s what I’ll tell her if that’s what you want me to tell her.... “ ‘You unfortunately, my dear, received damaged goods.’ ”

“Oh, that’s so sad!  Rudy, Rudy, Rudy.   You represented everything he wanted. (Marilene closes her eyes and is listening)  He’s answering a question that you may have asked, of why only those days?”  (I had asked myself that very question a couple of days previously)

(Deep down, I knew the answer.)  He sent me away, didn’t he?

“Yes, now he’s going to tell you why, which is why it’s so horrible.  This is what he thought.  He’s damaged goods, you’re so young(19) and he knew there would be a big scandal.  he didn’t want you to be hurt by his life.......Okay, there’s another thing.  He keeps calling you ‘my dear, my dear’  Uh, he doesn’t ever want you to think that you weren’t right or you weren’t enough or that you did something wrong.  ‘All you could ever have done wrong was to be too perfect.’ .....Oh, my God, that’s romantic!”

(By this time, I was unable to speak for a few minutes.)

“Did he scar himself as a child?”

Yes, he cut himself with his father’s razor when he was five.  The scar is on his right cheek. 

“Once he sent you away, he was never the same.  He went into a decline.  That’s what he’s showing me.  You both did......I get the feeling there was a plan, some kind of spiritual plan for the two of you to come back together.  Something happened, that’s what he’s frustrated about.”

I don’t know why I came back.  All I do know is that when I did, I brought all that grief with me.  It isn’t just that he died, but that my hopes and dreams were within my reach.  Just when it seemed they were in my grasp, it was all ripped away.  I lost him, I lost everything.  How could I know that the day I left him, June 23rd, he would be dead in exactly two months.(August 23, 1926)

“Yes you did, girl, and you have to finish it.......It’s like you’re stuck in about five different dimensional places and that’s never good.  The key thing to work on is being as present as you can be and be right in the moment......You have to be in your life and present, and then he can be aligned with you and you’re going to have very strong communication with him.” ......End tape

I have spent the last two years collecting anything and everything I could get my hands on relating to Rudy.  I found a copy of his manager’s memoirs about Rudy, a copy of the small book of poems Rudy wrote, among other things.  Thank God for rare book dealers!

After the session with Marilene, I kept thinking about what she’d told me.  I struggled with the doubts that kept creeping into my thoughts.  Believe me, they could get vicious. ( I’m sure Marilene will address the subject of fear, but let me say something I have learned from personal experience.  Fear is the darkest of all the forces.  It comes in many disguises with many different sets of shackles to immobilize us and keep us prisoners: terror, trepidation, worry, nervousness, doubt, shame, disgust, intolerance, ignorance, anger, hatred.....the list seems endless.  Think of a time when you were able to look fear in the face and say, “no, I will not allow you to spoil this,” and you pushed through the fear to accomplish something.  We’ve all had these moments in our lives.  Think of how you felt, how you soared unfettered!  This is what Rudy and other spirits want to show and teach us....how to throw off the shackles and soar.)

(I was speaking of the doubts that kept creeping back into my mind.) One day I sat down and picked up the memoirs written by Rudy’s manager.  I turned to the back and was reading about how successful the New York premiere of “The Son of the Sheik”  had been.  That was the reason Rudy was in NY  in August 1926 when he died.  Everyone was ecstatic about the film’s reception.

Ullman wrote, “Strange to say, Rudy seemed rather quiet after his ovation at the Mark Strand, whereas the rest of us were very much excited...........Rudy’s quiet mood continued, so much so that we fell into a most serious conversation.......He talked to me of marriage.  He asked me if I thought it would ever be wise for him to marry a girl who was not in pictures.”

I was struck dumb.  “A girl who was not in pictures?”  I reread it, then called Marilene to read it to her.  She reacted exactly the way I did.  Hopefully she will give you her perspective.  For me, it was like someone opened a door.
  

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy. I so look forward to meeting you at one of Marilene's events. Your relationship with Rudy...it is amazing. When did you first become aware of it? What was your name then? Did this 19 year old girl marry? Have children?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I said in (my second post?) It started on March 27, 2008. It came at me out of the blue. I didn't believe in any of this. I would have told you then that all of it, including Marilene, was a fraud. That's one of the reason I feel so compelled to write this blog. To show how WRONG that thinking was. How a life can be changed when it opens to the truth.

    I still don't know the young woman's name. I thought I had found her, but I was mistaken. This will come out later in the blog. So will the answers to your questions about what happened to her.

    Thank you so much for your feedback. Marilene and I wish more people would comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am enjoying your posts and feel your excitement as if it is happening today. It must be a bit difficult and I don't envy you. I can't wait to find out what happens next.

    ReplyDelete