Marilene's Facebook Page

© 2010 by Katherine Gallagher and Marliene Isaacs. All Rights Reserved.

Friday, August 13, 2010

August 19, 2008, Part 1

Marilene was going to be out of town on August 23rd, the anniversary of Rudy’s death.  I was dreading it.  I had no idea what was going to happen.  How was I going to react?  Things were getting better.  I felt Rudy much closer to me, but the attachment to the past with its attending grief and sorrow was still with me.

I had a session with Marilene right before she left.  We saw each other on August 19th.
Begin tape.............

Well, I made it through the anniversary of my dad’s death on the 15th.

“When was that?”

1985.  He dropped dead on the kitchen floor.   August 15th......the exact day in 1926 that Rudy collapsed in his hotel room.  Jesus. (Marilene didn’t say anything, she just let me continue.)  Rudy is coming to me in my dreams and meditations, but I’m not able to have a dialog with him, not the way you can.  I need to tell him something and then I need you to tell me what he’s saying. 

“Okay.”

(It took a minute for me to buck up the courage.)  Friday morning, the 15th, at one thirty am you collapsed.  Today will be your last decent day.  Tomorrow you will awaken in excruciating pain and at ten minutes after noon on Saturday, the 23rd, you’ll be dead.  I want you back.....I want those days back.  It’s so unfair.  Why did you just ignore what was going on in your body?  Why did you ignore it until it was too late? 

“He’s saying ‘I’m so sorry.  I understand now, and you have to understand that I was born old’.  He keeps saying this, ‘I was born old.  I had a lot to do in this life, and the saddest thing for me was that I didn’t do the things I should have done well.  I wasted my time on the wrong women, I wasted my time on the wrong fears and the wrong pursuits.’  His heart breaks for you.  He says ‘That is the saddest thing, my dear, I was old and you were young.  I was so much older than you even knew and had such little time left.  We are star-crossed loves from way back.  It’s not an accident that we met in that life.’”

“Okay, a tall angelic presence is saying to me, ‘This will happen in another life.  The important thing for both of you now is to understand, look at the mistakes, look at the lessons, look at the good things, be where you are now.  It’s important for him to be healing in spirit, and it’s very important for you to be in your life that you have created with your husband and your children.  But there will be a time coming when you will be together in the right way.’”

“He (the angelic presence) says to me to tell you that you spent time with Rudy long before you became aware of him.  And it’s in this higher astral realm that you remain together.  But he doesn’t want you to try to escape into this.  That’s what they are concerned about.  You have to find balance.  There is this other plane of existence that you have dwelt in for a long time, many lifetimes.  This higher astral realm where you freely come and go, you have a conscious connection with Rudy, but also with lots of things.  I would call it the Axis Mundi, it’s the point where heaven and earth meet.  The Axis Mundi.”

“Don’t dwell on what could have been or should have been, because it will be.  It’s ordained.  It is already, you just haven’t reached it in linear time.”

“Now Rudy’s saying that he had a lot to work through as spirit.  He keeps going back to this.  Why he attracted what he did to himself in regard to women.  The bad women, the wrong women, why he wasted so much time.  He’s had to come to terms with that.  That’s interesting.  It had to be very disturbing to have met you near the end of his life.  He’s also had to come to terms with why there were no children.” 

He wanted children so badly.

“He’s saying it would have been disastrous to have children with those women.  It wasn’t the right timing for it.  He’s saying that the right timing when you both are together, at the same age, that life will be.  I’ve never seen anything like this.  There is no doubt that that’s what will happen.”

(I’m trying to digest everything she’s said.  It will take some time and several reviews of the tape to come close to understanding it.)

Do you have a sense in linear time of other meetings with him before the days (June 11-23) in 1926?”

Not really.  I know you said our first meeting was Feb. 24th 1925.  What actually led up to those 12 days in June, I don’t know.  I keep hoping I’ll get a sense of something.

“I keep seeing something in the cold.  Something happened in the winter before the summer.  Okay, I’m getting lots of information.  It was the winter solstice....Christmas 1925.  Something started the ball rolling.  Then I see a break.  We’re jumping to January 23rd Something in that time frame.  We jump from that solstice to Jan 23rd.   Whatever happened in the summer didn’t just happen.  It started in the winter.”

That would have been right after his divorce.

“Apparently something had been building up during the winter.  I see snow and cold.”......... End tape. 

Okay, folks, this is where I thought Marilene had slipped a cog.  Snow and cold around Christmas in LA?  Come on!  But she had given me more concrete information: weather and a couple of dates.  It was time to start digging.

First, I had to debunk the snowy and cold Christmas.  I started researching.  It didn’t take too long to find out that Rudy was NOT in LA over Christmas 1925.  He was in London!  Now, I just had to find out what the weather was like at that time.  It took a little more searching on a couple of UK sites, and I found it.  Christmas 1925 in London was a very cold one, and they had snow!!  

All right.  I had that date and weather behind me.  So what could be the significance of the 23rd of January?  This required a couple of phone calls to the research desk at the Library of Congress.  Could they find any reference to Rudolph Valentino close to that date?

It took a couple of days, but they came through for me.  I was emailed a copy of the front page of a newspaper, “The Middlesboro Daily News”  Tuesday, January 19, 1926.  There was an article titled, “Sheik Divorced!”   It seems that Rudy was informed by a reporter that his divorce decree had been finalized in Paris.  The reporter told him this bit of news as Rudy was boarding the United States Line ship, The Leviathan, at the port of Southampton.  The ship was bound for New York.  Rudy’s comment was “I cross the Atlantic a free man.”  The ship was due to arrive in New York on the 27th of January, 1926.   The 23rd was smack in the middle of that sailing.  Later I received a copy of an article from the New York Times confirming that he was due to arrive on the Leviathan on the 27th of January, 1926.

Please bear with me here.  I’m going to jump ahead for a moment.  In June 2009, my husband and I took a vacation to the Greenbrier Hotel in West Virginia.  It was our first stay at the hotel.  After we checked in, we strolled around looking at the beauty and magnificence of the hotel.  We walked into a particular lounge, and something strange happened.  I got very dizzy and disoriented.  My vision was like someone was switching rapidly back and forth between two slides, almost with a strobe effect.  I grabbed on to my husband and had to sit down.  Something about that room triggered it.  It was very, very familiar.

It was only after we’d gotten home that I was finally able to get my hands on a complete brochure for The Leviathan.  (That required a good piece of digging!)  I looked through the brochure and was stunned!  I waited for my husband to get home, and I asked him to open the brochure to the page I’d marked and tell me what he saw.  He did and coolly answered.  “I see the Trellis Room at the Greenbrier.”  I couldn't get over the feeling that I was on that ship, too.

Here are photos of both the Trellis Room at the Greenbrier, and a photo taken from the brochure on The Leviathan.  Look closely at the floors of both rooms as well as the trellises.

Trellis Room at the Greenbrier:



The Winter Garden on The Leviathan

No comments:

Post a Comment