Marilene's Facebook Page

© 2010 by Katherine Gallagher and Marliene Isaacs. All Rights Reserved.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Led To Marilene Isaacs

Like any good ostrich, I tried to ignore what was happening.   It was easier than dealing with it.  I couldn't talk to anyone about it.  How could I?  A sense of desperation began to set in.  I thought about Rudy constantly.  Even when I was in conversation with someone else, I would be thinking about him.  I had always felt that I had a "muse" or some kind of "guardian angel", but was it him?  Jesus, what an idea!  Come on....Rudolph Valentino??  Just the thought made me blush.  It was ludicrous, impossible.  

Even though I tried to keep my footing, I was slipping fast.  I was being buffeted back and forth by some force I couldn’t see or fight.  I became depressed, confused, and frightened.  Even if I’d had someone to talk to, I wouldn't have because, I would’ve been giving voice to my pathetic delusions.  The imagined sound of derisive laughter made me cringe.  I had been laughed at so many times in my life, and the hurt and chagrin were horrible.  I couldn’t face it.

Then on or about June 15th, the UPS driver delivered a package containing my copy of the movie, THE FOUR HORSEMEN OF THE APOCALYPSE.  As soon as I had it in my hands, I ripped off the plastic wrapper and watched the film. 

My reaction to the movie was more volatile than the first time I saw it.  I know this sounds so damn dramatic, but it's the truth.  I started screaming.  I was consumed with an emotional agony that made me feel as if I were strangling.  I got up and paced through the house talking to myself.  Desperation and helplessness overwhelmed me.  I was confused and so frightened.  I felt totally alone.  The sense of isolation exacerbated all the other negative feelings.  That’s when the thought of a solution came creeping in.

I couldn't and flat out refused to face the possibility that I was slipping into insanity.  The combination of that and the gut-wrenching grief pushed me over the edge.  It had to stop!  There was only one answer.  Get my .45 Colt, chamber a round, one quick flash, it would be over, and I would be at peace.  It would be so easy.

As soon as the thought crossed my mind, I felt like I was slapped...hard.  No. No. No!  That was not an answer.  Never.  It was a totally self-absorbed, cruel thing to do.  I sat down on the floor, screaming and crying.  I felt as if someone had excavated my chest, leaving a huge gaping hole where my heart had been.  For several hours I was like a wild woman.  It was the most terrifying experience I have ever suffered through.

Luckily, it is impossible to constantly maintain that level of agitation, and as it subsided, I accepted that I had to talk to someone.  But who?  A psychiatrist?  Absolutely not!  Damn it, I wasn’t crazy!  Was I?  Slowly I came to the realization that the help I needed was very specialized.  I sat down at my computer and did something I never would have believed I’d do....I googled "Indianapolis Psychics".   Naturally, I got pages of results, most of which were those stupid psychic hotlines.  However, my attention was grabbed by one...The Center of Peace.  Well, I could use a little peace.  I clicked on the link and found myself looking at a photo of a lovely woman whose heart and compassion glowed in her eyes.  I was drawn to her immediately.  Her name... Marilene Isaacs. 

I called the phone number.  Her assistant asked me if I could come later that day. For some unknown, perfectly orchestrated, reason, Marilene's calendar had opened up due to a last minute cancellation.  I agreed.  When I set out to drive to her house, I was nervous, hesitant, and very, very skeptical, but something kept telling me that this was my path.  It was June 17, 2008.

Gentle Readers,  I have said this directly to several people, and I want to say it to you now.  With no exaggeration or embellishment........Marilene saved me.  She reached out her hand and pulled me out of the sink hole in which I was drowning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment