Marilene's Facebook Page

© 2010 by Katherine Gallagher and Marliene Isaacs. All Rights Reserved.

Friday, July 23, 2010

First Session With Marilene (Part 1)

In the car on the way to Marilene's I kept thinking of ways to avoid telling her who I thought was popping in and out.  I was embarrassed and afraid that she would just laugh at me.... a kind of "What, you too?  I see hundreds of pathetic women who have convinced themselves that Rudolph Valentino is communicating with them."  (Funny, I just thought of this...I wasn't trying to convince myself that I was communicating with him, I was desperately trying to convince myself that I wasn't!)  A couple of times during the drive, I came close to turning the car around, but something prevented me from doing it.

I parked my car, took a deep breath and walked to the door.  I was shown to a very comfortable room and waited for Marilene.  What would she really look like? The photo on her website was lovely, but that didn't mean that "Madame de Farge" wasn't about to walk through the door.  The room was decorated with an eclectic assortment of items.  Pictures of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, a large statue of The Holy Virgin, a fascinating sketch of Jim Morrison, etc.  I sat on a red sofa and opposite me was a red chair.  The Spanish or more accurately, the Moorish look and feel of this portion of the house was lovely.  It reminded me of something...again, a strong feeling of familiarity. 

Marilene entered.  She looked exactly like her picture.  Her smile and warm greeting put me instantly at ease.  The spirits gifted Marilene with a voice that is as soothing as oil on a blister.  For the rest of forever, I will remember her first words to me.  "You are going through a big shift in consciousness right now, and it has to do with healing the emotional body."

A note here:  From now on quotations I use and incidents I tell are being drawn directly from tapes, research and notes I have made, unless I specify otherwise.  We taped all my sessions, and I am reviewing the tapes as I go. 

Also over the last two years, I have spent countless hours at the computer researching things Marilene's told me in order to validate them.  I have gone so far as to hire a private detective in LA (more on that a little later) and, more than once, utilized the research desk at the Library of Congress.  I have never been a person who accepts things at face value.  From the beginning, I liked Marilene and wanted to believe all that she was telling me, but remember, up until this time I thought psychics were frauds.  Initially, I maintained a healthy skepticism about Marilene.  I needed to validate things for my own peace of mind.  When I told Marilene exactly what I was doing, I closely observed her reaction.  Instead of getting offended or irate, she was thrilled and said so.

Marilene started talking about people who have crossed over.  They are forced to look at how their thought, feelings and actions affected other people.  They keep learning, growing and shifting.  A lot of times there is unfinished business, something that's unhealed, so a person from the other side will stay linked.  Things can happen in both the waking and dreaming states.  

She lifted her hair off her neck and fanned herself.  "Whew, I'm burning up."  Her face started getting red.  (Anyone who knows Marilene will tell you that she is routinely cold.  Uh, not when Rudy is around.)

I bit the bullet and told her that I thought I was somehow linked to Rudolph Valentino.  I cringed and waited for the laughter to erupt.  Instead, she smiled as if I had just clued her in to something important.

"I totally believe you.  He's here.  I can feel his energy, it's very powerful.  My head is starting to tingle.  I feel him swirling around in here.  I very rarely get that feeling from spirits.  I'm sure it's him."  

She ended up scratching the top of her head throughout the rest of the session, and perspiration poured off her.   She'd be talking and all of a sudden would make a little sound of annoyance and start scratching her head, or holding her hair up off her neck.  It got to be funny. 

She finally said the words I so needed to hear.  "No, you're not nuts."   And I believed her.

To be continued............. 

No comments:

Post a Comment